Looking for motivated individuals to fill some spots. FOH/BOH. Open availability is ideal, nights and weekends are main needs. No experience necessary, will train the right people. Free meals per shift. Call or text 804-528-9053
Tavern Tidbits to Share
- Quesadillas8.5Cheddar and Jack cheeses in griddled flour tortillas. With salsa, sour cream, and scallions.
- Beer Battered Onion Rings9.A big basket full!
- Soft SuperPretzels8.5Hot buttered and salted. Served with jalapeño beer cheese.
- Nachos9.Homemade chips, cheddar and Jack cheeses, jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, salsa and sour cream.
- Hummus10.♥ Chickpea spread with crudités, pepperoncini, and toasted pita.
- Nacho and Quesadilla Additions
- 2.5Black Beans
- 6.Grilled Chicken
Wholesome Tavern Greens
- Basic Greens5.Romaine and green leaf lettuces, tomato, parmesan cheese and croutons.
- Spinach Caribe*9.Spinach, jerk spiced walnuts, red onion and chevre cheese in pineapple dressing.
- Caesar Salad*9.Tossed in the garlicky, lemony, anchovy laced real thing. With parmesan and croutons.
- Asian Salad*9.Ginger lime dressed greens and vegetables with rice noodles.
- Greek Salad*9.Mixed lettuces with cukes, pepperoncini, tomato, olives, onion, feta, and toasted pita.
- 7.5*Smaller Sizes Salads marked with an asterisk (*) are available in a smaller size.
- Salad Additions
- 6.Grilled Chicken
- 9.Grilled New York Strip
Tavern Veggie Sandwiches
- Served with Balsamic tossed greens
- California Veggie Burger8.5Sunlight on a bun! Served with red onion and guacamole.
- California VeggieSteak9.5A vegetarian cheesesteak. Chopped Veggie burger, peppers, mushrooms, onions, spinach and cheese.
- Mediterranean10.Pita, hummus, cukes, carrot, spinach, onion, lettuce, tomato, and Greek dressing.
- Black Bean Burger9.5Spicy good, with cheddar cheese, smoky jalapeño sauce, lettuce, and tomato.
Classic Tavern Sandwiches
- Served with fries
- Tuna Melt8.5A buttery toasted muffin, tuna salad, tomato slices, American and Swiss cheeses.
- Chicken Melt8.5♥ A buttery toasted muffin, chicken salad, tomato slices, sharp cheddar cheese.
- Country Melt10.Open face French bread, herbed alouette, ham, turkey, Applewood smoked bacon, and Swiss.
- *Hamburger10.Eight of the juiciest ounces anywhere, all USDA Choice Angus chuck, all good.
- Cheesesteak10.Shaved ribeye grilled with peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cheese.
- Carolina Style Barbeque8.5♥ Our own recipe, slow cooked in-house, overnight. Slaw on the side.
- Grilled Chicken Breast10.Fire-grilled six ounce breast cutlet.
- Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon11.5Wild caught and fire-grilled. Served with lettuce, tomato, and tasty tartar sauce.
- Grilled New York Strip11.5Seven juicy ounces grilled to your liking.
- Shrimpburger10.A little spicy, very tasty. Griddle cooked, with lettuce, tomato, and remoulade sauce.
- Crabcake15.♥ Jack Danahy’s favorite. Jumbo Lump crabmeat, griddle cooked, with our tasty tartar sauce.
- Sandwich Additions
- American Cheese1.25
- Swiss Cheese1.25
- Blue Cheese1.25
- Provolone Cheese1.25
- Sharp Cheddar1.25
- Grilled Onion.99
- Grilled Peppers.99
- Grilled ’Shrooms.99
- Fried Egg1.50
- Applewood Bacon2.00
- Pulled Barbeque Platter13.♥ Our own recipe, slow cooked, with fries and slaw.
- Red Beans and Rice14.An old favorite, slow cooked with spicy sausage.
- Asian Flavor Stir Fry13.Crispy vegetables in ginger garlic sauce, with rice. Spicy if you like.
- Coach’s Chicken17.Grilled breast cutlet, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, Capri-style tomato basil relish.
- Chicken Marsala17.Breast cutlet and mushrooms in a beautiful sauce, with potatoes and vegetables.
- Cooper River Pan Roast18.A tasty jumble of shrimp, spicy sausage, spinach, peppers, onions and potatoes.
- Caesar’s Supper26.Little filets mignon with lump crab garnish and a Caesar salad.
- Tavern Crabcakes28.♥ Jumbo lump, griddled, not fried. Tartar sauce, potatoes and vegetables.
- St. Louis Ribshalf rack 15. full rack 26.Pork spareribs tossed in our award-winning sauce. Served with fries and slaw.
The New Southwest
- Chicken Fajitas16.Peppers, onions, rice, beans, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
- Steak Fajitas18.Peppers, onions, rice, beans, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
- Shrimp Fajitas18.Peppers, onions, rice, beans, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
- Chicken Fajita Bowl16.Just like a fajita but served in a bowl over tomato vinaigrette greens.
- Tavern Burrito11.Beans, rice, chili, cheese, salsa, sour cream. With tomato vinaigrette greens.
- Tavern Burrito Bowl11.Like a burrito, but more. With tomato vinaigrette greens but no tortilla!
- Big Stuffed Quesadilla11.Jack and cheddar cheeses, with rice and beans.
- Burrito & Quesadilla Stuffers
- Black Beans2.5
- Grilled Chicken6.
- Grilled New York Strip9.
La Dolce Vita!
- Orient Express14.Spaghetti tossed with crisp vegetables in spicy ginger garlic sauce.
- Fettuccine & Chicken Alfredo16.Tossed with cream, butter, and parmesan cheese.
- Penne Naturale15.Tossed with mushrooms, spinach, tomato, garlic, parsley, and parmesan in olive oil.
- Spaghetti Genovese18.Tossed with shrimp, pesto, parmesan, and a splash of white wine.
- Spaghetti in Meat Sauce15.A nice meaty Italian sausage tomato sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Pasta Marinara12.Your noodle choice with simple but yummy tomato sauce and parmesan cheese.
Grilled USDA Choice Steaks
- New York Strip26.Fourteen juicy ounces grilled to your liking.
- Ribeye26.Sixteen beautifully marbled ounces, the most flavorful of all.
- Filet Mignon26.The most tender of all steaks. Eight ounces.
- All steaks are garnished with onion straws, vegetables, and a baked potato or French fries.
- Homemade Peanut Butter and Jelly5.
- State Fair Corny Dog5.
- Handcut Chicken Breast Tenders5.
- Penne Marinara5.
- Buttered Noodles5.
- Hummus, Pita, & Veggies5.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich5.
- Crispy Chicken & Cheese Sandwich5.
- Famous Tavern Barbeque5.
- Tavern Vanilla Ice Cream4.
- Tavern Special Ice Cream5.♥
- Chocolate Pecan Pie6.
- Lemon Lime Pie6.
- Special Deserts6.
- Brownie Sundae6.
- Brownie Sundae for two!9.
- Diet Coke
- Ginger Ale
- Iced Tea
- 2% Milk
- Juice Box
- Organic Chocolate Milk
♥ Indicates Tavern favorite.
Since October of 1990 we’ve taken pride in offering you good food and good service in a comfortable atmosphere. We are also constantly looking for ways to improve our products and service, and welcome any comments or suggestions you may have. Eat Well, Be Happy
The Tavern is a NON smoking restaurant.
An 18% gratuity will be added to parties of 7 or more.
* Cooked to order. The Va. Dept. of Health says “Consuming raw or undercooked meats may increase your risk of food borne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.”